Archives



hapag-lloyd

Hapag-Lloyd to buy British box haulier

Hapag-Lloyd has signed an agreement to acquire 100% of container carrier ATL Haulage Contractors. Established in 2008, ATL operates a fleet of 120 owned trucks plus over 100 from dedicated subcontractors. It also has over 250 skeletal, sliding, genset and multi-function trailers. It runs two depots of 2.5 acres each at London Gateway and Southampton and also operates from all other major UK ports. [+]

Hapag-Lloyd completes terminal takeover

Hapag-Lloyd has completed its 100% acquisition of Latin America-based SM SAAM’s terminal business and related logistics services, followingan agreement announced in October 2022. The transaction was approved unconditionally by the relevant antitrust authorities of all countries involved. It includes interests in terminals in Iquique, Antofagasta, San Antonio, San Vicente and ... [+]

Hapag-Lloyd appoints North Europe MD

Hapag-Lloyd has appointed Joerg Sonne as senior managing director region North Europe, succeeding Martin Rolf, who will take over the position of managing director human resources. Sonne joined Hapag-Lloyd following the merger with UASC and led Area Arabian Gulf from 2017 to 2022. For the last eight months, he has ... [+]

De-stocking hits Hapag-Lloyd

Hapag-Lloyd said that its EBIT earnings decreased to US$1.9 billion (€1.7 billion) compared to the same quarter last year, and the Group profit was also below the prior-year level, at US$ 2 billion (€1.9 billion). Transport volumes were 4.9% lower than in the first quarter of last year, at 2,842,000teu ... [+]

Hapag-Lloyd opens in Romania

Hapag-Lloyd has opened an office in Bucharest, Romania, with 21 staff members. The line currently operates a weekly service to the Black Sea port of Constanța. [+]

Hapag adds West Africa links

Hapag-Lloyd has introduced a new service between Morocco and West Africa. WA1 will operate fortnightly between Tanger Med, Nouakchott, Freetown, Conakry, Monrovia, and back to Tanger from 15 May. Connections are available in Tanger with Hapag-Lloyd's global network. On 7 May, the carrier will also introduce a new rotation and ... [+]

Hapag-Lloyd invests in India

Hapag-Lloyd is to acquire 35% of Indian private terminal and inland transport service provider JM Baxi Ports & Logistics (JMPBL) from a Bain Capital Private Equity affiliate, for an undisclosed amount. It has also signed a binding agreement with JMBPL and its promoters, the Kotak family, to subscribe to a ... [+]

Green light for Hapag’s Spinelli stake

Antitrust authorities approved Hapag-Lloyd’s acquisition of a 49% minority stake in Italian terminal and transport operator Spinelli Group on 12 January, for an undisclosed amount. The remaining 51% of the shares in the corporate group remain in the hands of the Spinelli family. The parties have agreed to not disclose ... [+]

Hapag-Lloyd profits up but outlook uncertain

Hapag-Lloyd said that its group profit climbed to US$14.7 billion in the first nine months of 2022 thanks to higher freight rates. However, it added that the market environment has deteriorated in the third quarter with falling spot rates and rising costs. Transport volumes were on a par with the ... [+]

Hapag-Lloyd to buy Latam terminals business

Hapag-Lloyd is to acquire 100 % of the shares of Chile-based terminal operator SM SAAM Ports and SM SAAM Logistic, for around US$1 billion, subject to regulatory approval. SM SAAM operates 10 terminals in six North, Central and South American countries with around 4,000 employees and a combined container throughput ... [+]

advert 3